WeNatal for Him provides key nutrients for improving sperm count, quality, motility, morphology, and protecting against oxidative damage - all key factors in male fertility. We also kept men's overall health in mind so that you can feel confident taking WeNatal not only in the months leading up to conception, but for years after. Here are the top reasons why you should consider taking WeNatal beyond conception:
You may have been told that only women should continue a prenatal after getting pregnant, but this is doing a disservice to the male partner. Men's health doesn't stop being important when a baby is conceived. In fact, it is arguably more important than ever for the male partner to take care of his health from that point forward. WeNatal for Him can continue supporting that journey to optimal health.
- Immune function. Several nutrients are needed to support a properly functioning immune system – zinc, selenium, vitamin A, C, E, and especially vitamin D – and many people are low or deficient in many of these. It’s estimated that over 1 billion people worldwide are vitamin D deficient, and most supplements do not provide adequate amounts to get levels within an optimal range. This is why WeNatal for Him added 2,000IU of vitamin D along with the other immune-boosting nutrients listed above.
- Cardiovascular health. Research suggests that taking a high-quality multivitamin/mineral supplement for at least 20 years has been associated with reduced risk of major cardiovascular disease events later in life. Nutrients that play a particularly important role in promoting heart health include CoQ10, antioxidants (especially vitamins E and C), B-complex vitamins (especially Niacin, B6, B12, and folate), and vitamin D. If you have active cardiovascular disease, you may need higher doses of antioxidants along with a balanced multivitamin/mineral supplement.
- Healthy aging. As we age, our need for certain nutrients increases. This is especially true of B12 and vitamin D. At the same time, our ability to absorb those nutrients decreases with age due to factors such as a natural decline in gastric acid production. Common medications like statins, proton pump inhibitors (acid blockers), diuretics, anti-inflammatories, and diabetes medication can also block the absorption of vitamins and minerals. A balanced multivitamin/mineral supplement can help offset these imbalances.
- Conception insurance. Whether you are a parent, plan to become a parent, want to wait, or do not plan to have a child, the reality is that 45% of pregnancies in the United States are unplanned. This is why many experts recommend taking a high-quality prenatal throughout your fertile years regardless of your plans.
- Feeling good! Vitamins and minerals are needed for the proper function of every system in the body. They convert food into energy, support brain function and feelings of well-being, protect against cell and DNA damage, help you bounce back from injury and stress more quickly, and so much more. Taking WeNatal for Him beyond the time of conception can help men feel their best for years to come.